I attempted a job that I have been wanting to do for years... On the nature walk there is a wooden footbridge that I built over 12 years ago that crosses a stream. Underneath the bridge is a lovely old stone tunnel that was the original bridge and was wide enough to take vehicles. The start of the tunnel I assumed was blocked and the stream had made its own way around but was starting to erode the structure. So I had a dig around to try and find the start of the tunnel. It was a lot longer than I had thought but eventually found the start and tried to open it up. I was hoping that it was just sediment or a log that had blocked it but unfortunately I think the structure has collapsed. I think that it is a very old structure as it is made with stone rather than brick. The local brick kilns were in operation in the early 1800's so I would assume it was made before then. Anyway I have now got the water going through it again which was a very nice sight to see!
At the end of last week we managed to get away for a few days holiday up to the Lake District via Alton Towers. Much as I love the farm it is always nice to have a break! Had enormous fun and the weather was great.
Now back at the farm we are having a big spring clean in the cider buildings. Lots of painting and general glitzing...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2014