Spring/Summer news

Yes I am aware that it has been some time since I have posted.. to be honest I was very close to abandoning my little Blog for several reasons however if anyone is interested I have had a change of heart for the meantime.... This years spring and early summer has of course been quite hard work due to the weather. The farm has experienced falling water, moving water and standing water like never before... Luckily only a small amount of damage has happened as a result. I feel for the people who have really suffered. The farm track was ripped apart down to the foundations and we had several barns that flooded albeit only a small amount. I have never known the water table be so high. Below is a photo of the farm trail boardwalk which usually only has a trickle of water going underneath it.
The plus side is that we have been very lucky with the shows due to a break in the weather. Ellesmere and Oswestry were a great success! We also went to an event at Battlefield farm shop at Shrewsbury was was great fun. I have at last managed to replace the carpet in the barn which I am pleased with.It is a different 'green' but it looks fresher and newer. Many thanks to the powers at be at the NEC ! We had a great couple of open days on the farm where quite a few people were treated to sandwiches, a talk (projector sometimes failed badly) and a tour. Thanks to the Shropshire Hills AONB and also to Local To Ludlow. Missed the first opportunity to make hay which is disappointing but the fields needed to dry out and quite simply did not have enough time to dedicate to it. Hoping for a nice August to get it. Still have a number of things to cross off my endless list but quietly hoping that the next couple of weeks I can carry on and work through a few..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2014