Spring is here and I am managing to do many of my plans on the farm. I know I keep going on about collecting wood but at present I have probably got about 7 tons back at the farm ready to be chopped and logged etc. This is a very pleasing sight as we are so dependant on wood to keep warm during the winter. The other fact is that the farm is being improved with the tidying up of hedgerows.
I have also being 'improving' one of our old orchards. It was quite a sad job as it is a very old orchard which interestingly enough was the spark of how we started making cider over 11 years ago. About three years ago we had some very strong winds and we lost three lovely big apple trees - probably the best we had in the orchard. They were blown over and split the roots which killed them. It was like tidying up a battlefield and I have now removed the remnants including the stumps. It looks so empty now as the trees we have replanted look so very small.
We are more or less up to date with the fencing work with is just as well as the cattle have arrived and enjoying the lush grass.
Dobbin and Whinny have now come up from their tired field that they have been in all winter to a field in front of where we live. They are having to be strip grazed in order they dont overdose on the lush grass.
I managed at last to remove one of my many 'surplass' vehicles and to take it to the scrap yard. Quite a trip but I was very happy with the price I got for it! As my mates know I have always been very lucky with picking up cars that are useable for next to nothing. And now as the price of scrap is good I am almost making a profit and getting a free car!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring 2020.