Sunday, 8 August 2010

Cider sales are doing well! We are only just keeping up with the bottling... The van always struggles coming back loaded from a bottling pick up but we have now 'tweaked' the engine and it it seems to be doing a whole lot better. It used to be embarrassingly slow even when empty but that has all changed which is excellent news! We have also repaired the rot on the back door which is a brilliant job done!! I hit the rear door with our forklift some time ago now and coupled with the classic transit van rot on the bottom of the rear doors it looked awful. We have now cut off the whole bottom of the door and replaced it with a new section and painted it! A very good job done indeed!!!

I am still waiting to do my hay and there has been no real decent slot of weather for me to have a go. I am not planning to do that much this year but it is still fairly important to get some done for the winter for the horses.
Had a go on the Porsche the other day which was both exciting and disappointing. We had a fiddle on the engine to establish that we had the right leads connected in order for the firing and had a go starting it. Away she went on the first attempt and then died again. This has always been the case and it seems we cant go any further. We then pulled it out of the shed and had a go at towing the beast and again got her going only to do on us again. So near yet so far!!! After abonding it again it seems as if we may be on an uphill struggling. The origin of the car is a rescue from severe flooding. Water went over the roof in a garage... I think it may be a case of the electrics being a problem and may well always be a problem. Even if they are sorted now then they are likely to fail in the future.... A bitter pill to swallow and a whole lot more work and I have to be sure it is all worth it...???

July is usually a fairly quiet month regarding shows which gives us a bit of time to regroup and brace ourselves for the shows in August and then a whole raft of them in September. However looking back on july it was quite hard work. The engine on one of the tractors gave up and we were told that we need to recondition it. Quite a big job and it has to be taken out and sent away... Our water supply stopped working too which was a nightmare. After much panicking and checking of the system we had to eventually call in the professionals and they identified a blown capacitor at the well head... Not something we could have done but it was a real joy as you can imagine to have running water again. Our fertiliser spreader fell apart too and after discovering the parts for it were pricey to say the least we had to go and buy another one... And one last thing was that the computer went down... So with a bit of encouragement from my good friend Bob we have now built another one from scratch. That is why the website has been on idle for a few weeks... All in all July has been a bit of a challenge but I am feeling a whole load more positive now about everything!

We have just done a couple of our favourite local shows at Burwarton and Tenbury which have been enormously successful and we really enjoyed both of them. The weather was OK apart from a couple of showers/storms but the overall turnout was very good indeed! Our next show is at Bridgnorth at the end of this month.